Our software has helped bike shops all over the world, and now we are bringing it to surf-shops! All you need to know about using Spinlister Pro for your surfboard and/or paddle board shops:
Our rental software enables shops to:
Streamline rental process: We worked closely with leading shops to design a system that seamlessly manages the rental process from start to finish.
- Protect your inventory: Built in protection plans ensure your bikes are covered while inventory management keeps you updated on their status.
- Delight your customers: Our in-store kiosk magically handles contracts, payments, and protection without paperwork or hassle.
Is there a cost to sign up on Spinlister?
- No sign-up fee, no contracts, no re-occurring fees, zero cost unless a board is rented.
Do I need liability insurance to rent boards out on Spinlister?
- No. Spinlister has an umbrella liability insurance policy that covers all rentals done through the Spinlister platform. So if your business insurance currently does not allow rentals you now can through Spinlister. Every renter agrees to our Ride Rental Agreement, as a surf shop you can also opt to add your own digital waiver into the Spinlister checkout.
What is the Surfboard ding repair cost/damage charge?
- Minor dings (approx. 2”) - $30
- Medium dings (2-4”) - $5
- Medium to large dings (4-6”) - $70
- Large dings (6”+) - $90
- Remove/Replace Future fin box - $120
- Remove/Replace FCS fin plug - $80 for 1, $100 for pair
- Remove/Replace long fin box- $120
- Replace glass on fin - $100
- Renter Protection Program
Spinlister offers a Rental Protection Program to protect the Renter against costs of damage and theft. This is available for purchase during checkout when booking a ride.
What fee does Spinlister take?
- The shop fee is 3% to cover the credit card transaction.
- Renters pay a 7% service fee.
- This covers all the liability, equipment guarantee, and our marketing to drive you customers. For example, a renter rents a $100 bike rental. The rental shop will get $97, and the renter will pay $107 in total.
Who sets the rental price?
- The rental shop sets the rental price, hourly, daily, weekly, or “pay-as-you-go”.
If desired, you may also set a delivery fee.
Where do renters pick and drop off their boards?
- By default, the pickup and drop-off will be at your shop. If you choose to allow delivery, you can add an additional fee to your rental, learn more here.
What happens if someone cancels a reservation?
- All cancellations are subject to terms set by Spinlister. However, board shops reserve the right to enforce their own cancellation policy as per the terms your customers agree to in your store. You can read more about our cancellation policy here.
What other benefits are there for being on Spinlister?
- You can manage all your shops rentals on one platform.
- We offer each shop an embed code to put on their website to create their own personal rental page (view example)
- Our in-store Kiosk is available to manage your rentals through your own customer facing iPad (iPad running on iOS 10 or later)
- Create a rental for walk-ins or phone reservations on your Spinlister admin page
Become part of Spinlister’s global audience, partnerships, and other marketing efforts that will drive rentals to your store. Sign up today to start earning: www.spinlister.com